Monday 11 October 2010

Engagement Ring!



Finally the cat's out of the bag, and I can share the exciting news!

Bill (of Bill and Flick at TOBL) approached me about making an engagement ring out of one of the fox molars I use for my jewellery a few months ago. After lots of hard work, and back and forth, I finally finnished it off, and Bill gave it to her the other night!

www.SlikoMat.com


Unfortunately I couldn't seem to really capture all of it's details successfully in my photos, so here's the breakdown:

- 18K Rich Colour Red Gold hand finished ring base with a cast fox's molar.

- One brilliant cut half carat diamond set into the crevice of the fox's tooth.

- Two small emeralds set on the inside of the ring. (why the extra stones? because Flick is a synesthete and for her 3 = green! pretty fucking cool right? Bill's idea of course...)

- "The Owl and the Pussycat" is hand engraved around the emeralds on the inside of the ring. Now, Bill hasn't shared the meaning of this with me, but you can just about make out the engraving in this photo below --- doesn't it look great?!


www.SlikoMat.com


As you can see, I also thinned out the shank of the ring by hand to give it a more elegant line, and make it extra comfortable for everyday wear.

Below is another image of it in it's little velvet box that I think is a bit clearer. But if you want to see it up close and personal, head on over to Taste of Bitter Love Cafe, have one of the best coffees in London and ask for Flick!

www.SlikoMat.com

If you think you might be interested in a one-of-a-kind hand made engagement ring, please feel free to e-mail me at info@rpencore.com. Prices start at £2,500 depending on the style etc.


3 comments:

Dianne said...

this is really, really beautiful.

jill said...

Beautiful. Moved to tears actually.

My friend Shini & I are always finding the 'best place for coffee' - we were just near there. I'm going to take you up on that offer, i.e. ask for Flick and take a shot of her ring & post about it.

I like how you think Reid.

Jo said...

That is probably the most completely personal/perfect engagement ring in history.